What exactly is Somatic Experiencing therapy?
Somatic Experiencing (SE) is a body-centered therapeutic model that focuses on our nervous system regulation. Its focus is to help the body get back into a sense of ease and flow after experiencing traumatic events or other stress inducing situations.
What does an SE session look like?
When our nervous systems are dysregulated we may often experience many different symptoms. Through SE, Tesa will help her client track their body's to discover their own knowing and regulation. This might look like becoming mindful and aware of one's sensations to incorporating movement or touch into the session.
Are my sessions confidential?
Yes, sessions are confidential. There are some ethical and legal considerations that may limit confidentiality; however this is something we will discuss further in our initial sessions.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact Tesa within 24 hours notice. Please note, that if 24 hours notice is not given, you will be charged the full fee for the missed session. Insurance companies do not reimburse for services not provided.
Do you accept my insurance?
Tesa is in-network with BCBS PPO and Anthem PPO.
If you are covered by another provider, Tesa will gladly provide a superbill for you to submit for out-of-network reimbursement. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully with your insurance provider prior to our first appointment by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- ·What is my deductible, has it been met, and does mental health apply to the deductible? (Deductible is the amount you pay in a calendar year before your insurance company begins reimbursing for services. If mental health services do not apply to the deductible, your health insurance will begin reimbursing right away. If it does, you will need to cover services until your deductible is met.)
- Do I have a co-insurance and if so, what is it? (Co-insurance is a percentage you will pay when your insurance pays less than the full allowable amount. Co-insurance will not be utilized until after your deductible is met.)
- What is my co-pay? (Co-pay is a set amount you will pay each session until your out-of-pocket is reached.)
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Are there any required pre-authorizations for mental health treatment?